- Trump chose a limited strike package precisely because he and his advisers understood the grave risks if the United States attacked a broader set of targets.
- Trump, having invested his personal credibility in standing firm, may find himself psychologically or politically compelled to respond, despite the very real risks that it could result in a direct military clash with Russia.
- Tillerson also said that the United States would not focus on initiatives to stabilize Syria until after the threat of the Islamic State has been “reduced or eliminated.”
- the danger of miscalculation is real.
- sinking into a Syrian quagmire would be bad enough. World War III would be far worse. (subrayado mío)
(¿Corea del Norte? ¿Dónde está Corea del Norte? Siempre hay alternativas)
(Añadido el 13: excelente artículo de Alberto Piris sobre el asunto del ataque con armas químicas preguntándose, después de repasar brevemente algunos antecedentes sospechosos, el clásico cui bonum, a quién beneficia)